- DOWNTOWN 210.299.8000
- LIVE OAK 210.599.0922
- MISSION TRAIL 210.922.5556
- STONE OAK 210.490.2707
- This event has passed.
13th Annual Alamo City Cancer Council Breast Cancer Update
September 12, 2015 @ 8:00 am - 1:00 pm.
The 13th Annual Breast Cancer Update Conference is scheduled for Saturday, September 12 from 8 AM to 1 PM at the Oblate School of Theology in San Antonio, Texas. This half-day event is designed to educate healthcare providers, breast cancer patients/survivors, and the general public on the latest advancements in breast cancer research and treatment. The keynote address, “Estrogen Receptors and Breast Cancer” will be delivered by Dr. Matt Ellis with Smith Breast Center at Baylor University. Seven concurrent sessions will follow the keynote address, covering the following topics:
- The Science of Supplements – by Debra Hughes, RN
- BRCA & Beyond: Updates in Genetic Testing in Cancer – by Leslie Bucheit, CGC
- Neoadjuvant Approaches in Breast Cancer – by Dr. Sharon Wilks
- Clinical Trials – by Dr. Virginia Kaklamani
- Breast Radiation: Dispelling the Myths – by Dr. Winnie Wong
- Current Surgical Approaches in Breast Cancer – by Dr. Mort Kahlenberg & Dr. Meeghan Lautner
- Survivorship and Breast Cancer – Panel Discussion
- A 20 minute mini session,“Abnormal Mammogram: What’s Next?”, after the second concurrent session and before the lunchtime presentation
- The day will conclude at lunch with a presentation entitled “Molecular Profiling in Breast Cancer”, delivered by Dr. Shelly Gunn.